Report on all sheets I am part of as Assigned To

Tommy Barba
Tommy Barba ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Many of our team members will be allocated to many different sheets.

1. Is there a feature how to make a report showing all sheets I am assigned to?, and as a continuation a report showing specific tasks in those projects, for example Gate Review, or Offer Submission? Those tasks are not necessarily assigned to that person.

2. As a second related topic, is there a way to create a report listing the "Assigned to" people in a specific sheet?

Comments

• Clarification:   "Is there a feature how to make a report showing all sheets where I am assigned to a task?"

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/01/19

Hi Tommy,

I've answered below in your text.

1. Is there a feature how to make a report showing all sheets I am assigned to?, and as a continuation a report showing specific tasks in those projects, for example Gate Review, or Offer Submission? Those tasks are not necessarily assigned to that person.

Clarification:   "Is there a feature how to make a report showing all sheets where I am assigned to a task?"

Yes, there is. If you create a report that looks at assigned to and it includes all workspaces in the where criteria and the who criteria should be set to current user on the assigned to column. Yes to the second part as well.

2. As a second related topic, is there a way to create a report listing the "Assigned to" people in a specific sheet?

Yes, with the same setup as the other question.

Hope that helps!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thanks Andrèe.

I tried but what I want to achieve is a list of all sheets where I have min one task assigned to me. I don't want to see all tasks. Only the sheet names I am involved in/part of.

Same for the second question; I want to create a list of team members per sheet, ideally the sheets in scope listed and one row per assigned to existing in each sheet, then next sheet etc

I am thinking this might require pivot feature or "report on report" 

Examples:

1. Sheets I have a task assigned to me in:

Tommy Sheet A   

Tommy Sheet B   

Tommy Sheet D 

etc

2. Team members per project (sheet):

Sheet A  Tommy

Sheet A  Alex

Sheet A  Jim

Sheet A  Esther

Sheet B Tommy

Sheet B Esther

Sheet C Alex

etc

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help!

I would check for that on each sheet or thru cross-formula on another "Metrics" sheet.

Let me know if you want me to clarify, and we can have a quick call about it.

Best,

Andrée

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Apparently, this feature is available for SmartSheet Gov accounts only... that's sad!