Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Conditional Formatting For Date Cell

Hi,

I want to apply conditional formatting to a date cell if the date in that cell is earlier or later than a date in another cell.  Can someone tell me if this is possible and if so how to do it?  

Thanks.

-Marcia

Comments

• Hi Marcia—There currently isn't a way to compare values in a sheet against one another to change formatting with conditional formatting rules but I'll pass your feedback along to our development team for further consideration.

As a potential workaround, you can create a checkbox column in your sheet and place an IF statement in it that will check the box when your one date is greater than your other date, example as follows:

=IF([Date Column]1 > [Other Date Column]1, 1)

Note that you'll need to change the column names in the formula above to the names of the date columns in your sheet.

You can then create a conditional formatting rule that changes the formatting if the box is checked.

• +1 vote for Conditional formatting based on a data comparison between cells!

thanks

Mark

• Hi Mark,

Got your vote down.

Thanks!

• Hi,

Did this ever get implemented? Also looking for a simliar condition.

This discussion has been closed.