New Feature Release: Activity Log

Shaine Greenwood
Shaine Greenwood Employee
edited 09/05/18 in General Announcements

Yesterday, we released an exciting feature—Activity Log! Track views, changes, and deletions to data (even rows) by clicking the Activity Log tab at the bottom of a sheet.

This feature is available to licensed users on Business plans and eligible (post December 2016) Enterprise plans that are shared to a sheet with Editor or Admin sharing permissions.

Help Center documentation for Activity Log will be available on April 19th.

An overview of new features, plus a list of bugs fixed in this release, will be publicly available later this week on our Release Notes site: https://www.smartsheet.com/release-notes

Feedback helps us improve Activity Log, please use the Product Enhancement Request form to tell us how we can make this feature better fit your needs.

Comments

• I tried looking for the help documentation; is it available yet?

• I've tried to open the Activity Log, and cannot view it, though my team is on the Enterprise Plan. Am I doing something wrong?

• JLC
    JLC ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Same here Deborah, an employee has reached out to me to discuss migration into the new Enterprise model. Not sure what this means, but you may discover the same is needed!

• Since I am on a charity version of the software and likely unable to use this feature.  Every time I click on it says I need to be a licensed user.  Is there any way to remove that tab.

Cheers!

• I like the activity tracker, I went back to past sheets I've created and was able to see when I made changes that impacted the entire sheet. Very beneficial, I like this update.

• Kenyon Bajus
    Kenyon Bajus ✭✭✭✭

How can I filter my activity out of the view? I can filter by user, but I want to view all activity by every user other than myself. Is this possible?

• Nothing wrong on your end.  Smartsheet is providing this functionality to "New" Enterprise accounts so those of us on "Legacy" Enterprise accounts aren't included.  I believe this will be a way to upsell to their new Enterprise, which I'm expecting to be at a higher cost than our current Enterprise plans.  Just my take, but that's why our Enterprise account doesn't have the functionality.

• ricki
    ricki ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/27/17

I just posted a new discussion on this as well. I cannot open this new report like others mentioned above because i only have a team account

• Gwyneth C
    Gwyneth C ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Apologies for the delayed reply. Documentation was available in the Help Center at the same time that we released the feature.

Here's a link:

Track the History of Changes Made to a Sheet with Activity Log

(https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2476206-track-sheet-changes-with-activity-log)

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/12/17

Feature regression spotted: no

Smartsheet disabled the information in the notifications that allowed us to see which users had deleted rows.  This was a built in feature, and now it is gone.

After contacting support I ws told that to put it back was an ‘Enhancement Request’!!!

So, they took away another feature and instead of treating it like a bug to fix they are telling us it is a 'feature request'.

BAH!!!  This is the third feature regression to come hidden within the release of 'New Features' in the past year.

Now I really start to worry any time they push out an 'upgrade' because there is a disturbing trend of upgrades in one feature meaning downgrades somewhere else.

Boooooooooo!

But wait... there's more!  Or, actually, less - in a literal way. 

Another feature regression spotted: no

In the old notifications, I would get a complete list of all of the people's names who worked on the sheets the previous day.  It was even alphabatized by first name.

In the new ones, you may get 2 or 3 names, and then get a " Changes made by John, Mark, +7 other users".  And guess what?? No where in the email does it tell you who those 7 users were sad

That's just two regressions in the last release.  Not a happy camper here.crying