Please add a successor column or function

john.delaney100311
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

A way to show successors is needed. It's important for critical path scheduling that every task has a predecessor and a successor. After a couple hundred lines it becomes nearly impossible to eyeball everything to make sure that's true. A successor column allows one to simply filter to find the missing successors. 

Thanks.

-jd

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi John,

Excellent idea! That would be a great addition to Smartsheet features.

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• I work for a large University in the IT PMO and we are looking for a cloudbased waterfall PM tool to replace MS Project. I really like Smartsheets but the one thing that concerns me is how long I have see comments about adding basic capability like Successor and Baseline functions and do not see any responses back from SmartSheet that they are looking to add the functions. I think I have read back 4 years where folks have asked to get the Successor feature added with no response from SmartSheet. 

Should I be concern with the support that SmartSheet provides in enhancing their tool. We are also looking at MS Project Online but it looks like it needs a large amount  administration to support it.

• RKMic
    RKMic ✭✭

This is really needed. I submitted a request probably two years ago and still nothing. I don't want to MS project for this.

• Yes you should be concerned, a lot of basic functions have not been completed for years. I've already invested time into Smartsheet and now I'm think I may have to go back to MS Project because of these issues.