How to avoid receiving confirmation emails after every update

Options

Answers

• MakeItHappen
    MakeItHappen ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have the same issue too. Very frustrating. Unfortunately I cannot find the request for enhancement to vote for it.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Joseph Rinek
    Options

Add yet another person to the list who finds this feature annoying and unnecessary. A year and a half later and still no option to change it. Between this and the bug sending out duplicate emails on update requests, I have all but given up on trying to implement this. I'm sorry, but this software is a joke.

I am willing to provide any information needed to help fix it, as I think it has a lot of promise, but given how long these enhancement requests have been ignored, I don't have much faith it will do any good. I may look back at it in another 6 months to a year, but right now, it has way too many bugs.

• Jens Dinter
    Options

Entirely agree with all comments. Just submitted another form to either get rid of the confirmation email or make it optional.

• DavidHB
    DavidHB ✭✭✭
    Options

Entirely agree with all comments above

• Lindsay Williams
    Options

Yes, this would be wonderful. Especially with all the new approval workflows, it would be great to NOT receive confirmation that I've approved/denied something. I'm doing about 50 approvals a day (at least), and therefore I receive about 100 emails. Would be so nice to be able to turn off the confirmation!

• Mohammed Alrehaili
    Options

Agree with all comments. It's frustrating to see that there's no option to disable this automated confirmation email or at least a workaround solution.

• John Plecki
    John Plecki ✭✭✭
    Options

I am setting this up for extra work orders to project managers in the field and the fact they are getting twice the amount of emails due to this forced confirmation email is absurd and potentially forcing me to find another program for this workflow.

• styless
    styless ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Has there been any update on how to stop the Confirmation notification yet?

• Francesca O'Loughlin
    edited 08/11/20
    Options

Our organization found a work-around to this problem, but it is not done through smartsheets and requires getting help from your IT administrators

We needed to use a smartsheets update request to pull in semi-sensitive information that we didn't want to have kicked back in an email (the whole point of using the smartsheets form was to keep sensitive data out of emails in the first place). our organization utilizes Office 365 so the IT admins set up a rule to automatically delete any email that contained "Update Confirmation: - the name of the smartsheet" in the subject line. Now these emails are automatically deleted without any of the form submitters being the wiser

these office 365 rules are pretty robust, so they could be tailored to delete all or any specific update confirmations.

I agree that this should be an easy thing to toggle on and off within smartsheets, but hopefully this work-around is helpful in the meantime

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Francesca O'Loughlin

Great workaround!

Thanks for sharing!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Jodie Le
    Options

@Andrée Starå this doesn't get Smartsheet off the hook, if anything reading all of the comments and the lack of response from Smartsheet I'm second guessing implementation for us.

• Morgan Brackett
    Options

I agree with all of the comments above. I feel like this isn't something that should require a work around with IT, but that Smartsheet should be able to easily add a function to where we can disable this notification if we would like to.

I also submitted a request about this issue and am really hoping SmartSheet does something about this soon.

• Sam Hilsman
    Sam Hilsman ✭✭✭
    Options

Agreed. I cannot believe this issue has been open for a year and a half, with multiple enhancement requests, and still there is not an option to disable "update confirmation" emails

• Garan Keeler
    Options

Agree that the "Confirmation: Your update has been submitted" emails are annoying and we need an option to disable these at the workspace or sheet level. I already submitted my request at the link Andree Stara provided, but am posting here to add to the thread.