Parsing out a multi select cell into different rows for Tableau connection

alexis.ray89371
alexis.ray89371 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hi!

Has anyone had experience with trying to connect SS multi select cells into Tableau so Tableau can read each item in the multi select cell?

If there isn't a way to do it in Tableau I'm thinking I need to find a way to copy the row in SS down and have one item from the multi select cell in each row. So, if the multi select cell had 10 options chosen then there would be 10 rows with one option selected in each row.

I found something called Sheet Director that may work in conjunction with writing a custom function/code for Google Sheets. So, it would import data into Google Sheets run the custom function/code then import it back into SS. Then connect to Tableau. But, the automated version costs money which I would need to get approval for. Probably won't get approval as we are in cost savings mode.

I attached an image of what my data would look like for reference. As you can see there are a total of 6 columns that are multi select. Only one of the columns can be used per row. So, it would be whichever column is not null would be the one that needs to be parsed out.

Thanks for any help/ideas!

Answers