How can i create tabs in my Dashboard/Portal?

Options

I watched the introductory video about Smartsheet on youtube and witnessed an amazing feature but I do not know how it was created. She had multiple tabs in her dashboard that functioned just like tabs on a web browser. Here is the link and time stamp of her using it. https://youtu.be/uGRFFavDm4Q?t=1524 . I have made shortcuts of different dashboards but it would open up a new tab in my web browser; which is not what I want to happen. I want my dashboard to function like the one in the videos with tabs on top. If anyone knows how this was created, please help me. Thank you.

Best Answer

Answers

• David Tutwiler
    David Tutwiler Overachievers Alumni
    Options

I'm pretty certain that those aren't tabs, but links to other dashboards. If you make them all as copies of each other, or use the same format, you get the illusion that you're staying within the same page, but you're actually redirecting to various Dashboards. As far as I can tell, her landing page is made of the Dashboards:

1) Home -> Dashboard/Portal

2) Portfolio Dashboard -> Dashboard/Portal

3) Departments -> Dashboard/Portal

4) Submit a Request -> Dashboard/Portal

5) My Tasks -> Report

6) Help -> Didn't see this one

• John Sisounthone
    Options

@David Tutwiler

That's how I currently have my dashboards setup; but when I watch the video even more, I start to notice that it doesn't seem like she has the same setup. She also has tabs when she is viewing on of her sheets in grid mode. You can also see the "New Tab" button to the far right on top of the dashboard. I thought that tabs are not available in sheets but she has it in this video along with functional tabs not links in the dashboard. This looks very confusing and misleading.

• John Sisounthone
    Options

@Andrée Starå

Ah okay. I understand. I wish that they brought it back. Thank you for clarifying.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@John Sisounthone

Happy to help!

Yes, sometimes I wish the same.

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• LydiaM
    LydiaM ✭✭✭
    Options

I really do miss the old interface with the tabs contained within Smartsheet. I'm not sure what the motivation was to open all sheets in a new browser tab but it's very disappointing when an update makes something worse.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!