Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Formula - Date Column

RVarner
RVarner ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I would like to add a second date column in my sheet where the Start Date is manually populated and the new Date Column would count backwards 15 working days and automatically populate.  Is this possible?

Thank You,

Roger

Tags:

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/22/17

Yes, make sure the column with the formula is set up as a date formatted column. Then add the following formula. 

=If(Isblank([StartDate Column]1), "Enter Date in Start Date Column", Workday([Start Date Column]1, -15))

• A add-on question ... I need to send a reminder to a identified email id (populated in adjacent column) based on the equation "Today's Date = Due Date (populated as a either a calculated field or pre-populated date". Can this be done..?

Please let know...

Pramod.

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi, Pramod, 

I do not quite understand the equation you are suggesting. Do you want the reminder to send on the Due date?

If that is the case, you do not need to enter any equation. Just ensure that your email ID column is set up as a contact column. Do this by right-clicking on the column header and choose Column Type.

Then click Alerts > Reminders and set the reminder to the name of your email column, and the date your Due Date column. 

2017-05-23_08-05-14.png

This discussion has been closed.