basically I want my due date to be based of off the status below:

• Bar layout needed – 2 days
  • Concept – 5 days
  • Design changes – 3 days
  • Assembly reviews – 1 day
  • Concept – 5 days

so I was trying something like this:

=IF([Status] = “Bar Layout Needed”, =TODAY()+2 workday

I am just trying to get one of them to work first then i can string them all together...I think i'm close just looking for someone to help get me there.

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• dues99
    dues99 ✭✭
    Options

Your first formula works nicely...but will that date change tomorrow? So when I open smart sheet up tomorrow and refresh, will the due date now be 10/10 for the bar layout? I want it to be static and not refresh unless the status changes.

• Ramzi K
    Ramzi K ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@dues99

Yes, the function Today() will be the current day each day. So if you need a static date, you will need a reference date for change. One way to do it is to add a system date to your sheet and reference that.

Does that make sense?

Cheers,

Ramzi

Ramzi Khuri - Principal Consultant @ Cedar Tree Consulting (www.cedartreeconsulting.com)

Feel free to email me: ramzi@cedartreeconsulting.com

💡 If this post helped you out, please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful.

• dues99
    dues99 ✭✭
    Options

That almost worked. Now whenever I change anything on that line, it updates the modified(date) column....I only want the modified date column to trigger when the "status" is changed, is that possible?

• dues99
    dues99 ✭✭
    Options

We were very close on this, is there anything that I can do to isolate modified by to a single column?

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!