Set up notification to notify me of any changes except those I make myself

Hi - is there a way to set up a notification so it will send me a notification if anyone other than myself makes an update to the sheet? Was thinking this could be achieved by creating a condition where Modified By does not equal myself, but I don't see where you can incorporate Modified By in the set up. This would be very helpful b/c I will be making 95% of the updates to a project plan and don't need a notification on anything I change but do need to know about any changes made by other users.

Thank you!

Best Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/03/21 Answer ✓

Hi @christy.thompson106676

Hope you are fine, yes you have the solution as you mentioned, you add the system column "Modified By" then you create a workflow with condition that alert when the modifier is not equal to yourself. check the following screenshot.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @christy.thompson106676

Make sure that you've added the Modified by System column and then add that as a condition and is not one of, and your email address.

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers