Creating a customized form to add to an automated request an update workflow

Options

I want to create a workflow where on a weekly basis I request an update from those assigned to a task, and they can respond using a form. This form would only allow them to respond in two of the fields ("% Complete" and "Latest Updates"). How do I create a form where I hide or disable the ability to complete all the other fields as populated from the Columns in my sheet (but maintain visibility if possible), and then how do I add the form into the workflow to request an update.

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey @Janelle Chard

The workflow you are describing is Update Request automation. An Update Request edits/adds data to an existing row. You can select what columns will be sent in the update request

In the automation menu, select Create a Workflow then select Request an Update. Since you want to send weekly, choose when a date is reached as your trigger. It will default to today, which should be fine. Instead of 'Run Once' choose CUSTOM from the dropdown. Select weekly and choose your day. Adjust the time of day to your preference.

Choose who will receive the request, then select what columns will be included in the update. Add whatever message you want the users to see.

For more info, see below.

Did that answer your question?

Kelly

• Janelle Chard
    Options

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.