Excel Form. works well but not in Smartsheet =COUNTIFS(Q:Q,"<>*/*/*",Q:Q,"<>",Q:Q,"<>Complete")"

Options

Best Answer

• Meredith Krueger
    edited 03/01/21 Answer ✓
    Options

=COUNTIFS(Prep:Prep, FIND("/", @cell) > 1)

This one worked! After renaming the "Q" to my column name "Prep" it still wouldn't work until I renamed the column to something different, renamed the formula to match and then reverted the column name to the orig (which adjusted automatically in the formula. x

I appreciate you working with me on this and helping me find a solution! Thank you.

Answers

• Meredith Krueger
    Options

I have changed the "Q:Q" to the corresponding Smart Sheet columns. No luck. The "<>*/*/*" is the primary concern. I need to count all cells with this date format (ie 02/24/2021).

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Does this get you the response you expect?:

=COUNTIF(Q:Q, ISDATE(@cell))

To look for a format you'll need to deconstruct the date. Can be done but not simple.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Meredith Krueger
    Options

Thank you for the reply Mark! This formula did not work either. I think part of the issue is that my "date" is in number format and not true date format. However, the formula (in my original question) does work in Excel. See screenshot for the column data. I want to find the total cells that do NOT include the numbers. The result should be "8". Any ideas? I would be forever grateful. ;)

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Try:

=COUNTIFS(Q:Q, FIND("/", Q@row)<1, Q:Q, ISTEXT(@cell))

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Meredith Krueger
    Options

Tried that one. At least is isn't giving me an error. Result is "0". Hmmm, pretty smart to use the "/" to search. I am thinking we are close. Thanks!

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/01/21
    Options

One more attempt:

=COUNTIF(Q:Q, FIND("/", Q@row)<1))

Mark

• Meredith Krueger
    Options

Result is "#UNPARSEABLE". :( Thanks so much for trying! This was a simple thing to do in Excel - had hoped it would be in Smartsheet as well.

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Meredith Krueger ,

This should work:. =COUNTIF(Q:Q, FIND("/", Q@row)<1))

Mark

• Meredith Krueger
    edited 03/01/21 Answer ✓
    Options

=COUNTIFS(Prep:Prep, FIND("/", @cell) > 1)

This one worked! After renaming the "Q" to my column name "Prep" it still wouldn't work until I renamed the column to something different, renamed the formula to match and then reverted the column name to the orig (which adjusted automatically in the formula. x

I appreciate you working with me on this and helping me find a solution! Thank you.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!