Data Shuttle: Delete all rows (indent): "Server timeout exceeded. Request has failed."

Hi!

I'm updating a sheet using replace, but now I'm getting an error message.

The first time I uploaded the file it worked fine, this is the Log:

Rows updated 0

Rows added 7301

Rows deleted 7226

Rows filtered 0

Rows skipped 0

Column choices updated 0

But now the message I get on the Log is this:

Delete all rows (indent): "Server timeout exceeded. Request has failed."

Workflow Execute: deleteAllRows failed, cannot proceed adding new rows

I'm using the same file both times, so I don't know what it could be. Too many rows?

Thanks!

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Elisa Bragunde

Hope you are fine, Have you checked whether you have reached the limits for the number of rows and columns?

Intake Sheet

If your Intake Sheet has reached the general sheet limitations, you won’t be able to create more projects. These limitations are:

• 20,000 rows
    • 400 columns
    • 500,000 cells (in any combination of rows and columns)

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Hi Bassam,

I have 7.302 rows

65 columns

So-> 474.630 cells

I'm close to the limit, maybe could reduce it to 40 columns -> 357.798 cells, but I don't think it will be much help.

Elisa

• Jennifer Murphy
    Jennifer Murphy ✭✭✭✭

Hi Elisa,

The solution for "Workflow Execute: deleteAllRows failed, cannot proceed adding new rows" is to delete the rows on your smartsheet prior to attaching the file that triggers your data shuttle.

This has happened to me a number of times and seems to happen when the combination of rows and columns is large but less than the 500,000 cell limit.

I delete my rows prior to attaching my file to the sheet which triggers the datashuttle and all works well.

I hope that helps.

Jennifer