Share View - Dynamic View

Hi, I am familiarising myself with Dynamic View at the moment. I found a problem when I can't share a view in Dynamic View without sharing the source sheet (in my Smartsheet database). I want the assigned people only get access (able to edit) to the Dynamic View not the source sheet in my Smartsheet Database. Is there a way to do it?

Thanks

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Titania Suwarto

I hope you're well and safe!

You should be able to share the Dynamic View without sharing the underlying sheet.

What happens more specifically?

• Use the restrict view by current user setting to filter someone’s view down to only the rows they’re assigned to in a Contact List column. (Contact list columns that allow multiple contacts are limited to 20 contacts per cell. See Assigning People to a Task for more information)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.