Trouble with AVERAGEIF

Options

Good day! Trying to show the completion average for an individual and thought this would work but I must be using it wrong. My reference column calculates the completion average per project, which have has some blanks, and I want the overall average of those per person. Here is what I tried, and failed. Am I on the right track?

=AVERAGEIF(COLLECT({CP Complete}, {CP Complete}, ISNUMBER(@cell)), {IM Lead}, "Carrie Lanz")

I want to return a percentage for the overall average completeion for that Lead. Thanks!

Tags:

Answers

• Steven Stikons
    Options

Hi Tina,

Looks like there might be conflicts between the COLLECT function and the AVERAGEIF criteria, etc., though I'm not entirely certain.

Rather than trying to debug your formula, I recommend doing it this way. Hopefully I correctly understand what is in your other sheet ranges :-).

=SUMIFS({CP Complete}, {CP Complete}, ISNUMBER(@cell), {IM Lead}, "Carrie Lanz") / COUNTIFS({CP Complete}, {CP Complete}, ISNUMBER(@cell), {IM Lead}, "Carrie Lanz")

• Tina Rustvold
    Tina Rustvold ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I thought about COUNTIF; I just wasn't sure if I would get the overall averages for her projects. CP Complete is our column calculating Critical Path % of Completion. That column of data are percentages. A count would return a number, but would an accurate average of those percentages? Would i need another set of Metric calculations to get at those averages? Thanks!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!