Digital Signature Integration on Form Options

Hello,

I've been reading through the posts regarding digital signature integration options. I've seen the docu-sign and adobe signature integrations but both require multi-step processes for data coming in via forms. A user submits a form, system admin checks a box, a PDF (or similar) is generated and sent to user for e-signing, which is then stored in the row as an attachment (or some similar process, unless I've missed something). However, my challenge is my users don't often have email addresses and I need to capture their e-signatures at the time they complete the form, avoiding the multi-step process. (we work in challenging environments around the world which is why not everyone has emails).

Are there any solutions I'm missing that would enable e-signature capture at the time of form completion? One of the benefits of Smartsheet forms is the ability to complete using Smartphones because, as mentioned, many of our users won't have laptops.

To provide a bit more background, my situation is I have an organizational policy I need anyone related with the organization to confirm they've read. On the form I provide the link to the policy, which they can read, then complete the form. I hope that helps describe what I'm trying to accomplish.

Thanks,

Russ

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Russ Onkeles-Klein (RI/GLOBAL)

I hope you're well and safe!

There are a couple of options.

• Another 3rd party service connected with Smartsheet
    • DocuSign Powerforms connected to Smartsheet

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots of the form that the user needs to fill-in? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thank you for your response, I hope you are well and safe also.

The challenge we have in connecting to third party services such as DocuSign is it requires the user to submit a form, then check an email to complete the signature. We did find one program called Hellosign that allows for form completion and signature at the same time and then hopefully we could connect to Smartsheet (via Zapier or something similar) to capture the data. Though, preferably we'll be able to keep it all in Smartsheet.

Since we work in challenging environments, we need something that a user can complete at one time as email is not an option. I sent an image to your email as recommended.

I appreciate your continued support!

Russ

• LMC
    LMC ✭✭✭

Hello, Did an answer or a solution get completed for this relevant question? I am struggling to find the right solution using Docusign and Smartsheet and forms.

• Russ Onkeles-Klein (RI/GLOBAL)
    edited 09/17/21

Hello @LMC ,

Never found an answer other than what @Andrée Starå recommended (thank you!), which were not optimal solutions for our situation (but I appreciate the input). I need the signature to be integrated with the initial form entry so the user can officially sign at the time of entering the form, and not be prohibitively expensive. The one work-around we use is adding a checkbox at the bottom of the form saying the user "certifies all information is accurate" but that doesn't replace an actual signature.

Please update here if you find something. Good luck!

Russ

• @Andrée Starå do you have any additional information on the DocuSign Powerforms connection to Smartsheet? I have Docusign integrated and would like to connect the Powerforms we are using with Smartsheet but can't seem to figure it out.