Using Zapier + Smartsheet to manage attachments from SS to other apps

brian25736
brian25736 ✭✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

I use Zapier + SS for many things, and its pretty awesome overall...one thing I can't quite figure out is how to pull attachments in SS rows into Zaps, so that the actual file is sucked into a Zap and uploaded/saved etc. in another app like GDrive for example...I see all the metadata of the attachment in the zap workflow, but can't seem to figure out how to do something simple like grab an attachment from a row (trigger=when new attachment is added), rename and upload that to a Gdrive.

If we could work this out, it would be very powerful with the new Generate Documents feature!

See attachment for screen shot of what you see in the Zapier drop down

Answers

• Ross Novotny
    Ross Novotny ✭✭✭✭✭

@brian25736 I am having the same issue. At this point the only thing I can think of is integrating a different form builder (Gravity Forms, Formstack, etc) that would mimic the SS form, and use a Dashboard to link to that form and populate the smartsheet grid similarly as the SS form. With that you could grab the files that were uploaded. But it seems like a needless workaround.

• brian25736
    brian25736 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks Ross yes I think i'll try that route for now, glad i'm not going crazy! Appreciate the response

• Ross Novotny
    Ross Novotny ✭✭✭✭✭

@brian25736 I was tired of waiting for Smartsheet to build a better zapier app, so my team and I just built our own. You can now grab attachments using our zapier app from a smartsheet row. You can also do row lookup, insert an image into a cell, move a sheet to a specific folder, update a multi-select field and more. It's been a game changer on our zaps with Smartsheet. You are welcome to try it out. You can sign up here and we can invite you to test: https://thirddegreeleverage.com/smartsheet