Access to more than one Google Drive account

Vadim K
Vadim K ✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

I am logged in to Smartsheet using my business email. On Google, I have 4 distinct Google accounts with separate Google Drives - for a personal gmail address, for this business email, and for 2 other business emails belonging to 2 my other engagements.

I allowed Smartsheet to access to my Google account. The SS did not ask to which one and connected to one associated with my SS email.

I wonder how it would work if I did not have Google account for my business email (in fact, I set it up just few weeks ago for unrelated reasons).

But outside of the curious wonder, I actually need to attach files from either of these 4 accounts - for some projects I can use my primary business email, but for others files will be located at other Google drives. My associates face the same need.

Inter-account file sharing (between different my accounts in Google) is not always an option - especially in cases when sharing initiated by clients associated with either of engagements above.

So the question is, without revoking access to SS from my Google account 2 (associated with the same email as SS login) how can I attach files from my other Google accounts?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Vadim K

Since you are using a Google account to access Smartsheet, the default is to use this as the Google account to attach files from.

If you don’t use a Google address in Smartsheet, a pop-up window will appear enabling you to login to a Google account first.

See: Attach a File or Link From an Online Resource

However one Smartsheet account can only be associated with one Google account to attach files at a time. If you need to access multiple accounts, you could create free collaborator Smartsheet accounts with these other email addresses (and share these collaborators to the sheet), or you could put a URL in the grid of the sheet instead of attaching the item to the row.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Vadim K
    Vadim K ✭✭

Same question applies to OneDrive files. I also have access to OneDrive and Teams file sharing locations for more than one MSFT account (for MSFT accounts that number is about 7).

For Evernote, my account is linked to my personal gmail - not the email which I am using for SS access.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Vadim K

Since you are using a Google account to access Smartsheet, the default is to use this as the Google account to attach files from.

If you don’t use a Google address in Smartsheet, a pop-up window will appear enabling you to login to a Google account first.

See: Attach a File or Link From an Online Resource

However one Smartsheet account can only be associated with one Google account to attach files at a time. If you need to access multiple accounts, you could create free collaborator Smartsheet accounts with these other email addresses (and share these collaborators to the sheet), or you could put a URL in the grid of the sheet instead of attaching the item to the row.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Vadim K
    Vadim K ✭✭

That what I thought based on everything I tried and researched. Thanks.