Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Smartsheet Slow Response Time

IsaacMartinez
edited 06/29/17 in Archived 2017 Posts

The more rows and columns a smartsheet has, the slower its response time. It other words, I am constantly using smartsheet with thousands of rows and columns. As a result, I am constantly waiting for your servers to process and save my work. When can we expect to see better response time?

I've posted an image for you to see, what I'm constantly dealing with...

20170623_084551.jpg

20170623_084551.jpg

Comments

• Hi Isaac—

We're constantly improving our infrastructure and optimizing the Smartsheet application so that we can all get more out of our sheets. That being said, this is a browser based application and we do have to work within the confines of a browser.

There are a few things that you can try:

• If you find that save times are longer only on your large sheets that have several formulas and conditional formatting rules, then consider the possibility of moving rows that are no longer being used to an "archive" or "completed" type of sheet.
    • Otherwise, if the save times are long even on your smaller sheets that aren't formula heavy, then try another browser, such as the latest version of Chrome, to see if this is browser based.
    • Disable browser extensions as well to make sure there's no interference.
    • Trying a different network connection and even a different computer can help make sure that there's no interference between your computer and Smartsheet servers.

If you try the above and you're seeing slow save times on even small sheets, then contact our Support team and troubleshoot with them further.

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You're not alone Isaac.

I've tried on multiple machines, different browsers, and on larger/smaller sheets.  

Certain tricks like using page up / page down will browse through faster, but still it does seem as if the performance has dropped of late.  Same old sheets, not the same old performance and responsiveness.

I second the motion:  We need more back-end robustness to handle our 'large' sheets (all of which are less than 1/4 the listed maximum size).  Yes we use formulas and formatting, but not that much.

And how about more servers?  And foreign servers for our global partners?

This discussion has been closed.