SUMSIF if a cell has a date (or checked symbol)

I have a cell where I want to show the total but only from cells that contains a date. How can I do that?

I also have a similar sheet but instead of a date, I have a checked symbol. How can I show the total just from the cells that are checked?

Thanks!

Tags:

Best Answer

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey @mrstmb

The SUMIFS function has the syntax of =SUMIFS(sum range, range1, criteria1, range2, criteria2, etc)

You can have from one to as many criteria as needed, always entering them as a range-criteria pair.

Date formula

=SUMIFS([column you are summing]:[column you are summing], [date column]:[date column], ISDATE(@cell))

checkmark formula

=SUMIFS([Column18]:[Column18], [Approved?]:[Approved?], "Yes")

In case you haven't found the sheet summary fields on the right panel menu, you may want to explore it's functionality in housing these types of column summary data fields.

cheers,

Kelly

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey @mrstmb

The SUMIFS function has the syntax of =SUMIFS(sum range, range1, criteria1, range2, criteria2, etc)

You can have from one to as many criteria as needed, always entering them as a range-criteria pair.

Date formula

=SUMIFS([column you are summing]:[column you are summing], [date column]:[date column], ISDATE(@cell))

checkmark formula

=SUMIFS([Column18]:[Column18], [Approved?]:[Approved?], "Yes")

In case you haven't found the sheet summary fields on the right panel menu, you may want to explore it's functionality in housing these types of column summary data fields.

cheers,

Kelly

• Perfect. Thank you Kelly!