Can this excel formula be created in smartsheet?

=IFS(A5>B5+C5,"RED",B5>A5+C5,"Green",C5>B5+A5,"Yellow")

If anyone can help me I<d be very appreciative :)

Best Answer

• Amanda Alv
    Amanda Alv ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey there,

This should do it for you! Although instead of including the specific row number, I used "@row" so that you can conform it to a Column level formula if you'd like. Also, I called the columns, "ColumnA", "ColumnB" and "ColumnC"; not sure what your actual column names are but you'll need to update the formula to replace my placeholders.

=IF(SUM(ColumnA@row) > (ColumnB@row + ColumnC@row), "Red", IF(SUM(ColumnB@row) > (ColumnA@row + ColumnC@row), "Green", IF(SUM(ColumnC@row) > (ColumnB@row + ColumnA@row), "Yellow")))

Answers

• Amanda Alv
    Amanda Alv ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey there,

This should do it for you! Although instead of including the specific row number, I used "@row" so that you can conform it to a Column level formula if you'd like. Also, I called the columns, "ColumnA", "ColumnB" and "ColumnC"; not sure what your actual column names are but you'll need to update the formula to replace my placeholders.

=IF(SUM(ColumnA@row) > (ColumnB@row + ColumnC@row), "Red", IF(SUM(ColumnB@row) > (ColumnA@row + ColumnC@row), "Green", IF(SUM(ColumnC@row) > (ColumnB@row + ColumnA@row), "Yellow")))

• JoAnneA
    JoAnneA ✭✭
    edited 03/25/22

@Amanda Alv Can I have it Blue if all of those are false?

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!