Count Ifs for multiple criteria

I want to count how many developers we have in a certain area based on two criteria, what team they are on and if they are onboarded.

=COUNTIFS({US Digital Team Members Range 2} = "API", [{US Digital Team Members Range 1} = "Building Services & Analytics", {US Digital Team Members Range 3} = "Onboarded"], 0)

Best Answer

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Kimberlee Adam

The syntax for COUNTIFS is COUNTIFS( range1, criterion1, range2​, criterion2, ​... ). Your ranges to evaluate and the criteria are comma-separated, and you only need math operators (=, >, <, etc) with numeric values. Try this instead:

=COUNTIFS({US Digital Team Members Range 2}, "API", {US Digital Team Members Range 1}, "Building Services & Analytics", {US Digital Team Members Range 3}, "Onboarded")

There are two links in my signature to pages that very helpful with Functions and Formula Error Messages; I use them every day. Bookmark them for future reference.

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!