Control Center - Assigning an Owner to the Project Storage folder

earl_bennett
earl_bennett ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Is there a way to set the owner of the created project storage folder to the project manager assigned to the created project? Or to the value of a contact field in the intake sheet?

Thanks,

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @earl_bennett

I would not suggest adjusting the Config sheet.

Instead, you could set where the projects will be stored in the first stage of the Blueprint builder.

Then you can choose the option to 'Enable users to select workspace', so the PM can then choose to put it in a workspace owned by whoever they wish. This means that if you have a workspace owned by each project manager, you can then provision the project into the relevant workspace (as long as Primary Lead is shared to all the workspaces).

I hope that helps!

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.

Hi @earl_bennett

In the Permissions and Sharing tab of your Blueprint you can designate the Owner to either be the Primary Lead or the Project Creator. This means there isn't a way to make the Owner based off of a contact column, but the Project Creator can be the workspace owner if that helps!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• earl_bennett
    earl_bennett ✭✭✭✭✭

I was hoping to be able to set the owner from the SCC Config sheet, but where you would do that has a warning that you can set the PM to only Admin or Editor. Do you know why that is? Seems logical to me that the PM should own his/her project artifacts.

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓

Hi @earl_bennett

I would not suggest adjusting the Config sheet.

Instead, you could set where the projects will be stored in the first stage of the Blueprint builder.

Then you can choose the option to 'Enable users to select workspace', so the PM can then choose to put it in a workspace owned by whoever they wish. This means that if you have a workspace owned by each project manager, you can then provision the project into the relevant workspace (as long as Primary Lead is shared to all the workspaces).

I hope that helps!

Genevieve