Answers

• Walter van de Laar
    Options

I will also throw a party when this feature finally gets here

• Michelle Barberi
    Options

Completed the Product Feedback form with this:

Tell us about your feedback:

• Feature request: I want to print/export grouped reports as they appear when viewing a report online.
    • Currently, the group headings in a report disappear with print/export (even with using the Dashboard feature as a possible workaround). Without being able to export or print groups/summary lines, this is nothing but a spreadsheet "dump".
    • We’ve been waiting for this feature for 1.5 years. Is there any hope for us that this is on the Smartsheet 2022 “must-do” list?

How does this impact you today?

• Increased work effort as we need to export to Excel, format, save and send which means delayed timelines and increased cost.
    • Poor customer experience

• Ramsay Zaki
    Ramsay Zaki ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Raphael Lng
    Raphael Lng ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi everyone,

I also made the same Product feedback form, what a surprise yesterday when I made my reports and discovering it was not possible to print it with summary and groups..

• KC Jones
    Options

I am having the same issue. My supervisor wanted rolling reports with a summary, but no matter how I try to send it, it doesn't show the summary. He can get into Smartsheet but it's not something relevant to his work so he isn't that familiar. Plus we need something he can deliver to higher ups, but none of them have access or use Smartsheet. I need to be able to display all data in a PDF.

• Richard Heath
    Richard Heath ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/13/22
    Options

Hi KC, can I suggest you complete Product Feedback. We've been waiting for what feels like an extraordinarily long time for this simple feature. It would seem that the SS developers are more interested in the integration of third-party software than being able to simply print a Report.

• JoeyBeans
    Options

+1 on this!

I'm in the process of growing our company's Smartsheet user base and have been an ambassador for a long time, but this is a huge let down.

• KyleR
    KyleR ✭✭
    Options

I completed the Product Feedback request. This seems like such a simple feature to implement.

• Please release this feature enhancement soon! Hard to imagine a report exported in a format different than what is displayed. We are having to move these reports to excel, :(

• Mikey S
    Mikey S ✭✭
    Options

I promise to dance for 3 minutes straight if this feature is added to Smartsheet.

Also, I completed the product request form.

Smartsheet Team - you want me dancing? You know what to do!

• Eric OEC
    Options

This omission is completely absurd. Apparently, Smartsheet ain't so smart.

Very annoyed. Wish I knew before I paid money.

• dmcintyre
    dmcintyre ✭✭✭
    Options

The group feature was added over a year ago and we still can't print the grouped view. Very unfortunate.

• Ruben Ensalzado
    Options

I think that the Smartsheet team should focus on delivering this basic functionality, so the tool can be use as a substitute of Excel sheets for verification/checklist. If it does not provide this functionality, it becomes difficult to justify its use as a tool of record. This request has several years on the community and no feedback from the Smartsheet team has been given.

• J Velazquez
    J Velazquez ✭✭
    edited 06/21/22
    Options

Seriously? No solution after 1 year on this BASIC functionality?

What is the reasoning under not being able to print a report that realy looks like a report? As by now there is no diference to printing a sheet with a filter applied.

• JuliaE
    JuliaE ✭✭✭
    Options

Adding my vote to this...it is a basic function to be able to print & distribute reports in the same format you can view. Please add this function as soon as possible so we can automatically send reports from Smartsheets without having to put in Excel to format and then distribute.