How do I set an automation to trigger 3 days before a date in a column?

I have a column in a sheet called Install Date. I need to send out an automated message 3 days before the install date. Am I on the right track doing it this way? I think the first portion is what's throwing me off and my only options say that the trigger is for a date in the past or I have to set a specific date.

Tags:

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @BethWork

I hope you're well and safe!

Here's where you change it.

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @BethWork

I hope you're well and safe!

Here's where you change it.

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• @Andrée Starå I think that's much closer. It makes me set a condition after that. Would this be right if I put this condition in place?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@BethWork

Excellent!

No, you don't need to add the condition.

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

• @Andrée Starå It won't let me save the automation unless I set a condition. It gives me this error each time.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@BethWork

You can delete the condition.

Did that work?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

• @Andrée Starå That worked! I didn't even realize I could delete the whole condition. Thank you for helping me out.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@BethWork

Excellent!

You're more than welcome!