Dashboard will not save

I have a growing number of dashboards that will no longer allow edits to be saved. These dashboards were created in the last 3 months, and suddenly in May, they will not save.

I have reported the issue to Support, but have not yet received a response. Is anyone else having this issue?

I have rebuilt one already, but would prefer to know why it's happening before I rebuild any more. This is the message that I'm getting.

Tags:

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Lisa Shields

Thank you for reporting this issue, our Support team is looking into why specific Dashboards are encountering the same pop-up message you're seeing. I don't have an ETA on when this will be resolved but we are working on it.

In the meantime, these steps have helped other customers:

1. Edit the dashboard and edit each of the chart widget(s).
    2. Make a minor change with the appearance of each chart widget.
    3. Save the Dashboard.
    4. Edit the Dashboard and roll back the minor change(s) and the Dashboard should be back in a working state again.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓

Hi @Lisa Shields

Thank you for reporting this issue, our Support team is looking into why specific Dashboards are encountering the same pop-up message you're seeing. I don't have an ETA on when this will be resolved but we are working on it.

In the meantime, these steps have helped other customers:

1. Edit the dashboard and edit each of the chart widget(s).
    2. Make a minor change with the appearance of each chart widget.
    3. Save the Dashboard.
    4. Edit the Dashboard and roll back the minor change(s) and the Dashboard should be back in a working state again.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Yes, this worked! Thank you for the workaround! I followed the steps above:

-the dashboard saved successfully,

-I reverted it to the original charts, saved again,

-and finally I made a desired edit to the dashboard, and it saved successfully.

• I've been having the same issue since May 5. I finally received a response from Customer Support a full week after sending in the original ticket. That email -- which seemed to have been auto-generated, suggested the issue had been resolved. But it has not been resolved. The email also indicates the ticket has been closed, so here I am, starting again from zero, a full 10 days after submitting the first ticket. This is monumentally frustrating -- so much so that we are researching alternatives to Smartsheets for the new fiscal year.

• It happens to me too and the workaround doesnot work for me. Please help!

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Gariot Louima & @Dung Nguyen Huy

When you followed the steps above, did you make sure to edit each chart widget, and all at once?

E.g. if you have 5 chart widgets, update each of them to have a different custom colour for one of their values before trying to save (instead of updating them one-by-one and trying to save after one edit).

The cause of this has indeed been resolved so no new Dashboards will be impacted, however there are a few previous Dashboards that are seeing this pop-up error (which it sounds like you both are experiencing). Editing all Chart widgets at once should fix this in the meantime, while we work on a general fix for all Dashboards.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• My dashboard in question has ~50 widgets on it. I only changed the chart (several times across several days) I needed to so maybe that is why the temporary fix did not work. Is the suggestion to make minor edits on ALL my widgets to this dashboard? Thanks for any help.

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Sandy Challman

Yes, exactly. It's unclear which one of your Charts would resolve the issue, so each of them will need to be edited at the same time (all 50) before you save, then you can change them back after.

• Eddie Catich
    edited 06/15/22

This issue is still not resolved - I've been experiencing this problem on dashboards for our new business account, all created in the last week or two, and the minor changes to the formatting of each widget are not solving the problem. Any news on a resolution? Dashboards are essentially unusable without a fix.

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Eddie Catich

The root cause for the errors happening last month has been fixed now, so if you're seeing any Dashboard errors this week then there will be a different cause. Please contact Smartsheet Support with full screen captures of the error you're seeing, the Dashboard URL, when it was last working as expected, and what happens when you try other browsers, networks, accounts, etc.

Thanks!

Genevieve

• I would like to add my experience here as well.

I have been trying to create a new dashboard today and keep getting the "unable to save" error everyone else has. It is also very slow to create the new dashboard.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jason Maxwell

I hope you're well and safe!

If you haven’t already, I recommend reaching out to the Smartsheet Support Team.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• I experienced this today with several dashboards. The changing of something minor for each widget did not work for me. I submitted a ticket. I'm not having issues with all my dashboards but, random one's, some that were created 4 months ago and some that were created less than 2 weeks ago.