Update on Outbound Cell Link Indicators

2»

Answers

• I understand the temporary issue at hand with performance. The splash warning when entering a report that has more than the 2000 outbound links limit is creating confusion for my userbase, whom do not understand this message, and believe they are not seeing current data. The message should be refined to state that all data is current, regardless of the links issue. I would prefer the message not even come up. When will this be fixed? We, in IT, use Smartsheet for all projects in our Company. However, the business side of the house is reluctant to embrace same. I am trying hard to win them over, but when problems like this occur, it just makes adoption that much more difficult.

• jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp
    jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@NTDSC

@Laurie Olson

@Mariana Fortuna

@sally.m77751

Good News!

The limit is now 5000.

@Laurie Olson

Unfortunately, the "Large reports only display a limited number of outbound cell link indicators." warning persists.

• jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp
    jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Good News!

The limit is now 10000.

So, Smartsheet now lives up to the max outbound links indicator number in the help article's warning.

Warning

"Typically, when you link a cell, you'll see an indicator on the right edge of the cell. Smartsheet displays up to 10,000 of these indicators for outbound links, max. You can use more than 10,000 links, but you will not see more than 10,0000 indicators. A missing indicator does not mean your link is inactive. To check your links, verify the data at the destination."

• Adam Lang
    Adam Lang Employee

Hey all -

Sorry for the delay.

I wanted to provide a quick update on cell link indicators. The outbound indicators have increased from 2,000 to 40,000. You can use more than 40,000 links, but you will not see more than 40,000 indicators. A missing indicator does not mean your link is inactive. To check your links, verify the data at the destination.

The product team continues to work hard to get the limit back to 100,000.

For more information on cell linking please visit the help article below.

https://help.smartsheet.com/learning-track/level-2-intermediate-users/cell-linking

Thank you for your patience. 

Adam

This discussion has been closed.