CIRCLE CHART doesn't appear on dashboard

I create a report with a series of ID project and % of completion and i would transform this data base into a circle chart in a Smartsheet dashboard.

My problem is actually that sometimes it works and sometimes not.

Selecting all the columns into the diagram widget we can not select the circle chart visualization.

help please😅

Answers

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Can you share a screen shot of the data you selected to make the chart?

• the diagram widget automatically select all the data of the report and with the same data sometimes i can choose the circle chart and sometimes not. I really don't understand why

• Hi @Saverio Grassi

Thank you for posting screen captures!

Since the column you're Grouping by is a % formatted type of column, the Pie and Donut charts (circle charts) are unable to be selected. This is because it doesn't understand if you want the 0% and 100% to be the values, or if you want the 3 and 4 to be the values.

What I would do in this instance is add a hidden helper column to your sheet. Use a formula to translate the percentage to words instead such as:

=IF([% di completamento]@row = 1, "Completo", IF([% di completamento]@row = 0, "Zero", "Altro"))

Then you can Group by this helper text column instead. This should allow your Pie chart to see the grouped headings as text and the values as what you want in the Pie chart.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Hi Genevieve, thanks for your help.

But then why sometimes the widget give me the result I want and sometimes not?

In this widget, i can correctly see the number of milestone in the ring and below the desciption.

Instead, in this one, the description doesn't give the right info "0%" but it gave me "%di completamento"

The report below the two widget are formatted in the same way...

• Hi @Saverio Grassi

I'm interested to see that you were able to get numbers in a donut before! I have to admit I'm not sure why these ones worked for you.

Did adding the helper column and formula resolve what you were seeing in the other chart?

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now