Does smartsheet have a way to show a progress of a project like the Domino's pizza tracker

Does smartsheet have a way to show a progress of a project like the Domino's pizza tracker?

Answers

• SteyJ
    SteyJ ✭✭✭✭✭✭

It is possible, but it will be dependent on what you want to trigger each change in current status.

If you want the fancy UI, you will need a developer to implement special use cases of the API to sync with the app/website

Sincerely,

Jacob Stey

• Colleen Patterson
    Colleen Patterson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Kunal There are options for viewing the project status, that may offer what you are seeking, although in a slightly different format. Where are you wanting to visualize this information? Within a sheet, on a dashboard?

Smartsheet Community Champion and Ambassador

If my answer helped you, please be sure to mark it as Accepted to help future learners locate the information.

• @Colleen Patterson - I'm looking for this graphic myself.

What I'm looking for is :

"order is placed" - Data is available

"Prep" - Marketing Ops Prep

"Bake" - Graphic updates

"quality check" = Peer review or Compliance review

Out for delivery = MOps close out

Vision - I'm thinking a dashboard could have this thermometer and when the item has reached the specific status, then it would trigger the graphic change in the dashboard?

I also want:

- The dashboard to show basic project facts such as stakeholder, link to relevant supporting materials, dates we need to meet etc. Similar to when the person places their pizza order and then a summary of their order is given to them to ensure everyone's on the same page for goals.

-Stakeholders to view the copious notes I take during project execution in the comment feature of SS.

-The stakeholder to have the ability to view multiple projects that I'm working on for them, (AKA - multiple thermometers and facts).

Let me know if you need more context on my vision. I can make a rendering.

• Colleen Patterson
    Colleen Patterson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@TullyONeill I would say that if you could make a simple rendering of the desired goals, that would be awesome.

Smartsheet Community Champion and Ambassador

If my answer helped you, please be sure to mark it as Accepted to help future learners locate the information.

• hi! Here's the rendering I made on PP

I'm copying the flow path that the Pizza tracker has along with the order summary and who to contact if they have something they need. Below each action step is the forecasted arrival date. When something's done, I want it to turn green. yellow = approaching due date. Blue = no issue on the horizon for the date.

For the copious notes, it's the comment section I see on my large SS. I want to embed that info into the relevant project's dashboard. On the far right, you'll see the "conversations" area where I want the item to show pertinent details.

Please let me know if there's a pre-made option on SS and a widget option for the conversations part.

• jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp
    jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Kunal

I created a demo solution using conditional formatting.

The conditional formatting looks at the sheet's status column and adds colors to Order Status 1 to 5 columns.

For example, if the status is BAKE, apply light blue to Order Status 1 and 2, Red to Order Status 3, and dark blue to Order Status 4 and 5.

I first tried to use the Metric widget to display the formatted Order Statuses on a dashboard. But, the widget does not carry the format. The report widgets do display the format.

The top Domino's pizza tracker is a report with a "show" filter in the image below. The show is a checkbox column in the left bottom image sheet. This sheet has conditional formatting rules.

As for the "Your Order's Status is:" "Bake"', I used a Metric widget showing the BAKE value from the left bottom sheet. The sheet gets the Order Status value from the left sheet with an INDEX(COLLECT()) formula.

https://app.smartsheet.com/b/publish?EQBCT=6377644352fb4f1d95da71a7a63b6912

• jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp
    jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @TullyONeill

In your case, I found creating multiple conditional formatting for numerous project tasks not manageable, significantly, since the tasks of a project management sheet change often. So, to simplify the formatting, I placed the Domino's tracker vertically.

From a hypothetical project sheet in the second image at the bottom, I extracted the [Project Task], [Comleted / ETA], [Comlete], [approaching due date], and [no issue on the horizon at the date] columns's values with a formula like this;

=IFERROR(IF(ISNUMBER(ID@row), INDEX({Task Name}, MATCH(ID@row, {Row ID}, 0)), "V"), "")

The sheet extracting those values has an ID column with rows that begin with one, followed by a blank, 2, blank, 3, and so on. The last number should be large enough to accommodate the number of tasks on the project sheet.

So, instead of horizontally placing Domino's pizza tracker, I put the tasks vertically, placing a blank row with "V" to show a downward arrow between tasks.

Then, using the checkbox columns, I applied conditional formatting rules.

As for the "conversations," if you add the "Latest Comment" column, as shown in the bottom image, the column gets the latest comment. So, I used the Metric widget to show the comments in the dashboard.

https://app.smartsheet.com/b/publish?EQBCT=8cad985a0b6f4df3ad06dd2c5d4b2ecb

https://app.smartsheet.com/b/publish?EQBCT=ecbd67e544a54423960c17ddc18fb80a