Form: Phone Field validation

Bruce Case
Bruce Case ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 02/15/24 in Smartsheet Basics

When working in a Form, we can activate the Phone validation, which will present a list of country codes to select --> along with the Phone Number. We have found Costa Rica to be missing from this list. Does anyone know how to update the country list in this logic? The structure of a Costa Rica phone number is (506) 1234-1234.

Thoughts?

Answers

• Hi @Bruce Case

There currently isn't a way for a user to manually add more countries into the phone validation list. If a country you want to specify isn't in the list, you'll need to use a regular Text/Number field with helper text specifying what you want the user to do instead.

I see you've already added your vote to the related Product Idea, thank you!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Bruce Case
    Bruce Case ✭✭✭✭✭

With all due respect, I do not see this as an enhancement and/or something that needs to be voted on. When Smartsheet originally designed this logic, all countries should have been included and/or the architecture should have been built so as to update the list as countries not in the original list were identified. As a customer, how do I go to our clients and tell them that Smartsheet simply does not recognize all countries around the global?

• Completely agree. Personally, I am starting to get tired of receiving emails from the Early Adopter Program with multiple features because it is clear that Smartsheet does not want to invest in improving or correcting the current functionality for those of us who are already their captive customers. I know I will get a response to add the enhancement request, but after 4 years of using SS I don't see that list being of any use.