Cell Contents deleted during edits

This discussion was created from comments split from: Cell Contents deleted during edits.

Answers

• I have the same issue. I have tried multiple different browsers and incognito modes. I do not have Caffeine on my computer. My coworkers are not having this issue but I consistently do. It makes Smartsheet unusable.

• Lucas Rayala
    Lucas Rayala ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @mlabash — that's an odd problem.

Does this happen on one sheet or all the sheets you work on?

Were you in the sheet when the data was deleted? Was your computer awake or in sleep mode? And did you notice the same issue as @crittcg, where the Cell History shows the sheet name in place of a user for the deletion entry?

Was your cursor in the cell, or was the cell selected, when the data was deleted?

Is this a REALLY large sheet, or does this sheet have a ton of formulas? (It's POSSIBLE that the sheet size may be exceeded and you may be seeing the results rolled back because of that, but everyone should see that).

• Lucas,

I mainly use one sheet, so that is where i have been seeing it. I haven't tried to test for it in other sheets yet.

I was in the sheets when it happens, computer not asleep. I can enter the data and a moment or two later the cell(s) turn bright blue, and the data clears out.

When I run cell history, it shows I entered the info, and then ??? nobody deleted it, much as I believe @crittcg was stating.

I enter my info for the row, then save.

I leave the field and carry on in a new one, and it wipes out the data.

Sometimes it seems to work when I first open the sheet, then it starts up again.

Not a particularly large sheet, with 3 of us using it. When I have had these issues no one else is in the sheet. The other two users are not having this issue.

The cursor is not in the field when it happens.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you share some screenshots of your automations? (Please delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my comment(s) help/answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community and me by marking it - Insightful 💡- Vote Up ⬆️ - Aweseome ❤️ - or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer! I appreciate it, thanks!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.