Countifs criteria difficulty

I'm trying to count the number of units installed and removed between two dates, along with narrowing it down to a specific machine and product type created with the units. The installation date and removal date are both logged into separate columns within a different sheet. The hope is to make something similar to a search feature in that the criteria can be changed and the formula will update results rather than using filters on the original data sheet. Where am I going wrong?

=COUNTIFS({Machine #}, =[3]@row, {Product Type}, =[2]@row, ({Date Installed}, >= ([4]2), {Date Removed}, <= ([5]2)))

Best Answer

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey @Logan Hubbard,

The last two criteria sets in the formula have a weird number of parenthesis around them, would removing them so there's only the COUNTIFS parenthesis help?

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

I'm always looking to connect with other industry professionals, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn as well!

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!