Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Maximum number of sheets pulled into report?

Options
JLC
JLC ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Theoretical question - is there a maximum number of sheets I can use to pull data into a report? Say we have 300 active projects that all require their own sheets, but I'd like a report to pull a specific set of data from each of those projects (therefore each of those 300 sheets). Will that be an issue? We've yet to create a report with this kind of reach.

Tags:

Comments

• Pam Alakai
    Pam Alakai Employee
    Options

Hello Jaye, 

There is no specific limitation for how many sheets a report can pull. However, reports would fail to open at some point between 4000 and 4500 sheets and between 300,000 and 450,000 rows. Please keep in mind that the larger the data the harder it becomes to make edits and navigate through it. More information on creating reports can be found here: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/522214-creating-reports#build

Kind Regards, 

Pam

SmartSheet Support 

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Pam,

When you say "However, reports would fail to open at some point between 4000 and 4500 sheets and between 300,000 and 450,000 rows", I assume you mean raw counts, not counts that match any of the criteria provided.

Is that correct?

Craig

• Pam Alakai
    Pam Alakai Employee
    Options

Hi Craig, 

These are estimate counts of sheets and rows pulled by the report. These are actual sheets and rows counts. 

Hope this answers your question.

Best, 

Pam 

This discussion has been closed.