I have a form that others in our organization use to submit projects to my department. How it should work: 1) the form when complete populates a row in the Spreadsheet. 2) automation maps certain fields in the form to a PDF. 3) The new row triggers an email to our department with the PDF attached.
This used to work properly, but for several months now, the mapped PDF is not being sent with the email. I wonder if the order of operations is backwards: that the email is being sent before the PDF can be generated. However, I'm unable to map the document first within the same automation workflow., as there is no "Add an action" option after "Generate document."
My other hoped-for solution—to run the workflow hourly rather than when triggered—is also not an option.
I've set up a stopgap solution where the workflow is triggered when attachments are added or changed, but this is liable to trigger duplicate emails, since the original users also upload documents to the form.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance.