Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
Does anyone use Smartsheets for employee scheduling? I have about 25 people across four sites that I schedule. There are changes everyday. I also need to save a history of the schedules.
I currently use excel and google docs.
Thank you.
Robert
Hi Robert,
You might try importing your current excel doc in as a new sheet in Smartsheet. More info on this is available in our help center: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/504553-importing-files-to-create-new-sheets
From there, you can attach any google docs you need to rows in the sheet. (Details on attaching files from Google drive here: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/518404-deleting-editing-versioning-attachments )
Smartsheet has a resource management feature so you can schedule people across your sites without overallocating them. Details on Resource Management are available here: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/1346969-resource-management-allocation-team-enterprise-only-
You're also always welcome to reach out to our solutions team to see if you can take advantage of our solutions for your business: https://www.smartsheet.com/solutions
Thank you Shaine,
That information is helpful.
Did you ever get this to work for you? I am looking to do something in this same concept
So I already have an automation set up to create a row on a destination sheet if the customer's name matches a certain criteria. When it creates this row on the destination sheet it also adds the attached document that is added to the parent sheet. What we are needing to happen is - later there is additional attachments…
I am adding a stacked chart onto my dashboard. I want the horizontal axis to display Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, etc. and the bar chart above it to show the total Not Started. Every time I try this chart it sorts the rows out of order. I think it sorts alphabetically because it puts Christmas Week and New Year's week as the…
During a session with Smartsheets, the agent accidentally deactivated the wrong account. I freaked out and purchased the annual license by hitting the "upgrade" button. Smartsheets took my $685, but I still can't use my sheets. I can see them all, just can't access them. How do I reactivate them? TIA