Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
I was wondering if there is any way for Smartsheet to capture or populate information if we swipe a card that has a magnetic strip? I.E. can we have employees swipe their ID badges and capture their employee ID number?
Hello,
Smartsheet doesn't have a way to do this "out of the box" but if you have development resources available to you, you may be able to use our API to develop an integration between your swiping software and Smartsheet.
Our API documentation is available here: https://smartsheet-platform.github.io/api-docs/
Hi,
I think this can be achieved thru Zapier or maybe a prepopulated form somehow.
I assume that you can't reprogram the cards because you use them for other things also. Correct?
Can you tell us more about the use case?
I hope this helps you!
Andrée Starå - Workflow Consultant / Get Done
Yes that is correct. The card id's are used for other purposes. Everything from secure door access to payment with attached billing accounts.
I was looking through Zapier can dont seem to find that feature.
I think we may have to go with an API approach
Ok.
The API route sound good but i just came to think about a potential workaround.
Would it work if you attached a QR code or a RFID sticker to the card with the correct information?
Best,
When running a global update in control center, to push an update to a dashboard, I'm receiving an Error (4000). It's a global update that I've used successfully some 50 times, this is the first error I've received. Pro-Desk is booked out for the next 2- 3 weeks. Any idea what could be causing the error or any…
If I have a dropdown list column, but not restricted to the drop down options, I am able to edit the dropdown option selected in the sheet or in report view. However in Dynamic view, once the dropdown option is selected I cannot edit the contents. I can only type in something new. I want my team to be able to choose from a…
I wonder if anybody can tell me if it is better to use global updates or Dynamic Dropdowns to maintain and update dropdown lists for projects provisioned using Control Center. Any insight would be great please. thank you!