Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
I'm creating a form to collect Order information from users and facing a difficulty with an order having multiple items. I want to create a form which allows users to input multiple items in one order request. Each item will have each price and quantity. How can I do that in smartsheet? Thanks.
Hi Jonathan,
How many different items is it per order?
Depending on the above you could have a column per item on the order form.
Would that work for you?
I hope this helps you!
Best,
Andrée Starå - Workflow Consultant / Get Done
Hi Andree,
Items are vary. I'm not quite understand your solution (a column per item). Can you please explain more details?
I also attached a screen shot of order with multiple items for your reference.
Thanks,
Smartsheet isn't designed for inventory management via order forms so you'll likely run into problems trying it via this method. There's no real way to build in a conditional 'item #1, item #2' without having all of it part of your form.
The response above was referring to building out several columns in your sheet so your form would have capacity for Item #1, item #2, etc. You'll have issues since every order will show each field by default so they'll see all the extra fields even if they're ordering one item.
I would suggest creating an order form for your customers to use and having them upload the file when they submit an order. You would then confirm the order and enter the data into your sheet for accuracy. It's probably the easiest way to use Smartsheet for this purpose without creating extra work for your customers entering in an order.
I agree with Chris but it can work if you don't have too many different order rows.
It depends on your needs and use case.
Andrée
In my Project Plan sheet, there's a link labelled Project Plan. When someone clicks it, I'd like nothing to happen. Ideally, it would still look like a clickable link but wouldn't open anything.
We do not currently have the Calendar App. We manage multiple project plans across many workspaces and would like to provide leadership with a consolidated calendar view that displays only tollgate tasks across all projects for a given month, rather than all project tasks. Ideally, leadership should be able to view the…
has anyon encountered the below issue when opening the worksheets. for a user that has an active business license Form Name: Ajax FormAction: fa_getLicensing ServerStatus: False ServerStatusText: Critical Exception errorCode: 48