Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
I am wanting to put in a form a URL Link instead of an attachment. Is there a way to do is?
Hi Justin,
I haven't tried, but it could work if you save the URL as a file.
Would that work?
I hope this helps you!
Best,
Andrée Starå - Workflow Consultant / Get Done
You could do this in a description field. As long as you're using an HTTP or HTTPS URL, you should be able to do this. I've attached a screenshot of how that can work.
Thank you Ian for this information.
And how was this done?
https://app.smartsheet.com/b/reportabuse?mli=7504.ss-app-0816-k3c01ik0n8cof3mrmj8s1019mv&msui=3628532355098500
Hi,
That seems to be a design/set up that isn't available outside of Smartsheet.
Have a fantastic week!
Andrée Starå
Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting
Ian, Thanks for your example. I have 150+ forms with multiple external links using the https:// format you suggest. They have been working great until the most recent Smartsheet upgrade. Now the links only open WITHIN the iframe that is embeded in my website. Can you help?
Thanks,
Marsha
I've been trying to do this. I have a URL that I copy right in and it works. However it looks quite messy, so I was seeking a way to have a sort of URL wrapper similar to what you can use in a grid.
I've haven't had any luck getting any url wrapper code working. I was hoping something similar to the BBcode URL wrappers worked, but it doesn't.
I need to add a link to an upload template. The user will need access to download the template and then upload the file before submitting the form. Something like this:
Is this possible?
Hi @Cissy_1Meriplex2023
I hope you're well and safe!
If you select the text that you want to turn into a link, click on the icon on the farthest right side. (see screenshot)
Would that work/help?
I hope that helps!
Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!
Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD
✅Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!
I need to be able to add a URL as a link in an attachment when completing a form. In grid view when you open the attachment section you have an option to add a URL via a link. How can users of the form do this without having to return to the row in the grid view?
Did you ever sort out how to do this? I am looking for this feature as well.
Thanks!
I have an automation copying rows from a source sheet to a destination sheet. The destination has additional columns that do not exist in the source. Those destination columns are set to centered and not bold, but newly copied rows come in bold and/or not centered, while others are fine. Columns are Text/Number Conditional…
In my Project Plan sheet, there's a link labelled Project Plan. When someone clicks it, I'd like nothing to happen. Ideally, it would still look like a clickable link but wouldn't open anything.
We do not currently have the Calendar App. We manage multiple project plans across many workspaces and would like to provide leadership with a consolidated calendar view that displays only tollgate tasks across all projects for a given month, rather than all project tasks. Ideally, leadership should be able to view the…