Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
I have a sheet where I have all my projects and then sub categories indented underneath it. Is there a way I can easily add a new project that will create automatically add the sub categories?
No, at least not inherently within Smartsheets. To circumvent this we keep a template at the top of our sheets that we can copy to create new "projects." You would just have a blank project with no dates and all the durations and dependencies set up. Then you can just highlight and copy the rows to create a new project.
I add a column with the sub tasks listed as a multi select drop down. Then use that to track the status of the sub tasks. It's an easy way to track deliverables for each row but does not enable all the features of a true sub task…
I have an automation copying rows from a source sheet to a destination sheet. The destination has additional columns that do not exist in the source. Those destination columns are set to centered and not bold, but newly copied rows come in bold and/or not centered, while others are fine. Columns are Text/Number Conditional…
In my Project Plan sheet, there's a link labelled Project Plan. When someone clicks it, I'd like nothing to happen. Ideally, it would still look like a clickable link but wouldn't open anything.
We do not currently have the Calendar App. We manage multiple project plans across many workspaces and would like to provide leadership with a consolidated calendar view that displays only tollgate tasks across all projects for a given month, rather than all project tasks. Ideally, leadership should be able to view the…