Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
Is there a way to have a row come in automatically at the same indent level as the row above it? My top row is a parent row with calculations based on all of its children. The children rows are all web form generated and they do not come in indented so I have to manually indent each row as it hits the sheet.
As far as I'm aware, using forms to generate rows doesn't allow auto-indent. I've tried to accomplish this with Microsoft Flow as well and was unsuccessful. If there is a way that someone else in the community knows, I would appreciate knowing this as well!
If your purpose is to have a calculated row, you could make the top row use formulas instead of the built-in calculations of the columns instead.
While performing the task of indenting the data in the children cell manually is not particularly difficult, I would expect a form that populates said children cell to indent. A little JavaScript would probably do the trick, and save time in the process...especially with a bug tracker that will get quite a bit of use during some cycles. This would also make the "live" reports that aren't so live right now..
Hi all,
Smartsheet mentioned functionality that is coming for moving rows and more and that might help. We'll have to wait and see how it will work.
I hope this helps you!
Best,
Andrée Starå
Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting
I'd like to see this as well. I have a formula auto-formatting the rows, but they are still not properly indented. If I insert new rows based on a form, I have a hidden field with it set to "1" to indicate a child row, but I have this column hidden on the main page -- I don't want to hide and unhide all the time.
+1 for indentation options when using forms to populate tables.
I propose, when creating a form and having the primary column selected on the left, that an option be available on the right for "Default Indentation". That option should accept a numeric value and there should also be an option for "Same As Row Above".
Hi everyone,
Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment to have your vote added
A New Way to Submit Your Feature Requests
To make your Enhancement / Feature Request count, send in the form above because there isn’t a guarantee, it will be registered otherwise.
Original Post: https://community.smartsheet.com/announcement/new-way-submit-your-feature-requests
I hope that helps!
Have a fantastic week!
Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD
Hello, When attempting to create a pie chart using sheet summary, the option is no longer there. Is there a work around? Unable to select Sheet Summary.
Smartsheet does not currently support publishing a calendar view from a report (portfolio report) directly to Outlook. The iCal publishing feature is only available for individual sheets, not reports. For my use case, I have many project plans and would like to surface tollgate review dates in a single Outlook calendar…
When I duplicate a form, Heading fields are dropped from the conditional logic in the copy. In the original, a dropdown's "then show the following fields" list includes two Headings. In the duplicate, the condition and the other fields carry over, but the Headings are missing. Screenshots of both are attached. Has anyone…