Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
I'm creating a simple punch list template and would like to add some date calculating functions to it but I'm very unfamiliar with creating date formulas. I'm attaching a screen shot of this rough template with a sample line already entered. I would like to create a formula that will tell me how many days past due items added to the list are based on the Date Reported column in relation to today's date. Anything longer than 5 days would signify it being "past due". I'm familiar with conditional formatting but I assume I'll need to add a column or 2 to make all of this work. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
If you want to capture the number of days past due (for display) then you'll need another column. If not, you can just calculate the number and use it in the [Past Due] column.
You'll probably want to not show past due when the [Date Corrected] is filled in.
Something like this should work:
=IF(ISDATE([Date Corrected]@row),"",TODAY() - [Date Reported]@row)
Then in the [Past Due] column, something like this
=IF([Days Past Due]@row > 5,1,0)
Craig
(untested)
What Craig said. While it may be "(untested)", it definitely looks like it should be squared away.
Thanks Paul. It was late.
No worries. I saw the time stamp (1:34 am my time) and untested, so I figured I'd at least do a quick count of parenthesis and commas and whatnot. Haha. Even the best can succumb to exhaustion.
I'm building executive reports to show which projects are active by quarter. I have start and end dates for each project to show the active date range. The output I'm looking for is a report showing what was active last quarter. Another report showing what is active this quarter. And what will be active next quarter.…
Hello, I have automations enabled in several spreadsheets where, whenever any value is entered in a specific column, the entire row should be copied to another spreadsheet. The automation is configured so that the row is copied whenever the automation is triggered. However, I identified several cases that were properly…
Hello! I'm sure this is a basic question that I'm just missing the how-to on. Our orginization has a master schedule for the year. I need to take from that master schedule and populate a different sheet based on a date. For example, master schedule has a column of dates. Multiple rows will contain that date. I need to pull…