Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
Hi ,
I would like to automatically have a request to employees weekly that has their time card attached or embedded by a link for them to fill in their time for specific projects. I have looked into using a Update Request but I could not figure out how to create a rule which says to have it sent to the employees on the project weekly.
Thanks!!!
Renee
Hi Renee,
One way to do it would be to set up a weekly update request with a link to the form in the message. There are other ways to set it up also, but this is probably the easiest.
Please see the attached link/screenshot for more information.
https://cl.ly/5b64eb
Would that work for you?
I hope this helps you!
Best,
Andrée Starå
Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting
Hi Andree,
Thank you for your help!! I am new to smartsheet and I cant find the Send Update Request drop down. i have attached the drop down list that I get under Alerts and Actions. Could you walk me through the process from the start?
Thanks!!
Happy to help!
There is another update request, and they are not the same.
Look here: https://cl.ly/14cd8d
Andree,
Thanks again for your help!! I got the update request set up and it went to my inbox this week and I filled out the form. How do I get it to update the request in a new row for next week? I noticed that it updated row 13 and next weeks update says update week 13 too. I need a new row for each week to track the number of hours different employees work on a project. Additionally, how do I make it so each employee creates a new row each week. Hopefully this makes sense.
Thanks,
You would need to have a row for each week or columns reflecting the changes for each week.
Andrée
In my Project Plan sheet, there's a link labelled Project Plan. When someone clicks it, I'd like nothing to happen. Ideally, it would still look like a clickable link but wouldn't open anything.
I have an automation copying rows from a source sheet to a destination sheet. The destination has additional columns that do not exist in the source. Those destination columns are set to centered and not bold, but newly copied rows come in bold and/or not centered, while others are fine. Columns are Text/Number Conditional…
We do not currently have the Calendar App. We manage multiple project plans across many workspaces and would like to provide leadership with a consolidated calendar view that displays only tollgate tasks across all projects for a given month, rather than all project tasks. Ideally, leadership should be able to view the…