Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
Is there any way for uploaded files on a Google form to be attached to the Smartsheet as regular attachments rather than in a column on the sheet with links to the Google Drive?
Hi MaryKate,
The ability to upload attachments from Google forms to a sheet is not currently available, however if you are shared to the sheet you can manually attach files. For more information on attaching files, check out our Help Center article: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/504760-downloading-viewing-attachments
When you have a moment, please submit a product enhancement request to let our Product team know that you'd like the ability to attach files uploaded via a Google form to a sheet. The product enhancement request form is located in the Quick Links section to the right of this discussion or you can go here: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/739aa75f30ca43a8a22eb53e4da7d409
Thanks!
Corinne
Hi,
Is there an update on this issue? Can we upload attachments from google forms?
Hi @Mrinalini Gunda
The Smartsheet Sync Add-on doesn’t currently support the File Upload field in Google Forms. (You can read about this in our Help Center, here).
As an alternative, you could use a text field in which people can paste the sharing link to a file stored in a cloud storage location, such as Google Drive.
Cheers!
Genevieve
Hi @Genevieve P. - is there any update on this? I'm hoping to have a Google Form submission include a spreadsheet and have the form responses and spreadsheet automatically uploaded to a Smartsheet.
Hi @mmurdoch
You could add a Text Field in the Google Form to include the URL to the Google Sheet if that helps!
Ohhhh I see! Thank you! That is really helpful. Thanks!
I have a business account and have had for 6 years or so. I had to reset my google password manager this week due to an issue with a workspace account. I've just tried to login to smartsheet using 'login with google' and its made me a new smartsheet account with the same email. I've tried deleting this free account but I…
I have an automation copying rows from a source sheet to a destination sheet. The destination has additional columns that do not exist in the source. Those destination columns are set to centered and not bold, but newly copied rows come in bold and/or not centered, while others are fine. Columns are Text/Number Conditional…
In my Project Plan sheet, there's a link labelled Project Plan. When someone clicks it, I'd like nothing to happen. Ideally, it would still look like a clickable link but wouldn't open anything.