Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
Do forms only add the submitted information to a new row? Can they go in the same row where the contact appears in the contact column?
I like the update requests but prefer the more customizable forms.
Thank you
Hi,
Yes, form submissions always create a new row. The forms can never go to an existing row.
The main difference is that with forms you add data and with update requests, you can update/add data on specific row(s).
Best,
Andrée Starå - Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting
Wouldn't it be great for forms to be able to update existing rows. I really need this.
How would you use it?
Thank you.
I will use update requests then. I really liked the forms because for dropdown menus for example, I could add text to include instructions. I liked the headers and separators too
Happy to help!
You could add the help text to separate column(s).
Would that help?
Yes, that's what I ended up doing.
Thanks
Great!
You're welcome!
In my Project Plan sheet, there's a link labelled Project Plan. When someone clicks it, I'd like nothing to happen. Ideally, it would still look like a clickable link but wouldn't open anything.
I have an automation copying rows from a source sheet to a destination sheet. The destination has additional columns that do not exist in the source. Those destination columns are set to centered and not bold, but newly copied rows come in bold and/or not centered, while others are fine. Columns are Text/Number Conditional…
We do not currently have the Calendar App. We manage multiple project plans across many workspaces and would like to provide leadership with a consolidated calendar view that displays only tollgate tasks across all projects for a given month, rather than all project tasks. Ideally, leadership should be able to view the…