Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
I have a Main sheet with a cell that is linked to a log sheet to count total rows. whenever a form user adds a row to my log sheet it is updating the last modified date for all the rows on my main sheet. any idea how I can have this stop happening so I can send out a notification for any row that has not been updated in last 24 hours on my main sheet?
Hi Clayton,
Do you have formulas on the main sheet that is affected by the cell link from the log sheet?
I hope this helps you!
Best,
Andrée Starå
Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting
Thanks Andree,
I have what is below in "rounded date" and if today Green for "updated?" but nothing is pulling from my cell linking in Maintainace log count.
=IF(RIGHT([Last Updated (auto)]29, 2) = "AM", DATEONLY([Last Updated (auto)]29), DATEONLY([Last Updated (auto)]29) + 1)
not sure why everything row got updated at to the same 5:05 am time with the first request for maintenance of the day.
I need to auto trigger an email to area owners if they don't update me within 24 hours is my goal
Happy to help!
Can you share the sheet or a copy of the sheet with me?
Would it work if you've set up a daily update request that would trigger if the area owners haven't confirmed?
if today Green for "updated?"
The TODAY() function is triggering the "update". If all you have in there is that it is Green if it equals today, then when it is not today it will change to a blank. That change is considered a "modification" which will reset your Last Modified Date to Today. Since Today = Green, it will now switch back to Green. It is another "modification" to the row, but because you are only comparing the date and the modification takes place almost instantaneously, it will appear as if the Last Modified was when you first opened the sheet for the day.
In my Project Plan sheet, there's a link labelled Project Plan. When someone clicks it, I'd like nothing to happen. Ideally, it would still look like a clickable link but wouldn't open anything.
I have an automation copying rows from a source sheet to a destination sheet. The destination has additional columns that do not exist in the source. Those destination columns are set to centered and not bold, but newly copied rows come in bold and/or not centered, while others are fine. Columns are Text/Number Conditional…
We do not currently have the Calendar App. We manage multiple project plans across many workspaces and would like to provide leadership with a consolidated calendar view that displays only tollgate tasks across all projects for a given month, rather than all project tasks. Ideally, leadership should be able to view the…