Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
I can't believe this isn't asked more often...any way of using a Form to populate data into a new column, rather than a new row?
Apologies if this has been addressed previously.
Hi Chad,
Unfortunately, it's not possible as far as I know to use forms for anything else than rows.
What is your use case? How would you like to use it?
I hope this helps you!
Have a fantastic day!
Best,
Andrée Starå
Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting
Thanks for reply! ...I want to use it for a few things...
1. Column A would be fixed info (material that is typically used on jobs)
2. Form would be used to simply add quantities to new columns, per project, that correspond to Column A titles.
there are several other examples, but, each could be copied from this format (forms that fill in columns).
I realize I could do this in a row, but, I’d rather do it in columns.
Happy to help!
Can you share something so that I can see it visually and maybe get some ideas on how to set it up?
Andrée
I have an automation copying rows from a source sheet to a destination sheet. The destination has additional columns that do not exist in the source. Those destination columns are set to centered and not bold, but newly copied rows come in bold and/or not centered, while others are fine. Columns are Text/Number Conditional…
In my Project Plan sheet, there's a link labelled Project Plan. When someone clicks it, I'd like nothing to happen. Ideally, it would still look like a clickable link but wouldn't open anything.
We do not currently have the Calendar App. We manage multiple project plans across many workspaces and would like to provide leadership with a consolidated calendar view that displays only tollgate tasks across all projects for a given month, rather than all project tasks. Ideally, leadership should be able to view the…