Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
Hi ,
How to use Index and Match function in SS.Please advise with an example
=INDEX([Range of data to be displayed from], MATCH([Identifier to look for], [Where to look for the identifier], [sort option]), [column index optional])
Use the first portion of the INDEX formula to set where the data you want displayed is to come from. Use the MATCH in the second part of the INDEX formula to designate what row to pull the data from. If you have a unique identifier for each row, use that, the set where to look for the unique identifier. The third portion of the INDEX formula is optional. Use this to specify which column to pull the data from if the first portion of the INDEX formula covers multiple columns.
Here is a link for further explanation...
https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/auto-filling-cell-based-entry-another-cell
I'm building executive reports to show which projects are active by quarter. I have start and end dates for each project to show the active date range. The output I'm looking for is a report showing what was active last quarter. Another report showing what is active this quarter. And what will be active next quarter.…
Hello, I have automations enabled in several spreadsheets where, whenever any value is entered in a specific column, the entire row should be copied to another spreadsheet. The automation is configured so that the row is copied whenever the automation is triggered. However, I identified several cases that were properly…
Hello! I'm sure this is a basic question that I'm just missing the how-to on. Our orginization has a master schedule for the year. I need to take from that master schedule and populate a different sheet based on a date. For example, master schedule has a column of dates. Multiple rows will contain that date. I need to pull…