Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
Hi - I'm new in SmartSheet How do I link information in each other when I do a form??? Plz I need your help
Hi Ahmed,
Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s) or some screenshots? That would make it easier to help. (Share them too, andree@getdone.se)
Have a fantastic week!
Best,
Andrée Starå
Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting
Hi Andrée,
what I want is when the employee puts his name on the form I made, He can see the serial number of his device, the type of the device, etc... , This will happen when I connect the information to each other. This is what I want to learn how to link the information with each other. And thank you sooo much
Happy to help!
Unfortunately, it's not possible with the native forms in Smartsheet, but there are third-party solutions that can be set up to do it.
Would that work?
Andrée
I have tow other questions:
First Question:
Let’s say you have created a drop down list based on the values in cell range B8:B14. When you selecting any value in the drop down list, you want the corresponding values in cell range C8:C14 be automatically populated in a selected cell.
For example, when you select Lucy in the drop down list, it will auto populate a score 88 in cell D16.
In Excel, For getting the result as above screenshot shows, you need the VLOOKUP function. In this tutorial, we will show you how to use the VLOOKUP function to auto populate other cells when selecting values in Excel drop down list.
( What do I do in SMARTSHEET for doing like Excel)
Second Question:
How to Create Dependent Drop Down Lists
How to limit the choices in an Smartsheet drop down list, depending on the value in another cell. For example, select "Fruit" in cell B2, and "apple, banana, peach,..." appear in the dependent drop down list in cell C2. but when we select "Vegetables" in cell B2, "Cabbage, Green Beans, Lettuce,.." appear in the dependent drop down list in cell C2
This is done in Excel through "Indirect" function as listed below
( What do I do in SMARTSHEET for doing like Excel )
Can you answer my questions plz
Try this.
=VLOOKUP(Names9; Names:Score; 2; false)
The same version but with the below changes for your and others convenience.
=VLOOKUP(Names9, Names:Score, 2, false)
Please see the attached link/screenshot for more information.
https://cl.ly/940b94
https://help.smartsheet.com/function/vlookup
Depending on your country you’ll need to exchange the comma to a period and the semi-colon to a comma.
Happy Holidays & Happy New Year!
Unfortunately, it's not possible natively in Smartsheet at the moment, but it's a great idea! There are some third-party solutions available.
Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.
HI Ahmed,
I've answered both questions above now.
Thank you for your interest Mr.Andree
Happy new year
Ahmed
I'm always happy to help!
Do we know if the "Create Dependent Drop Down Lists" feature is available yet? 2 years later?
Hello, When attempting to create a pie chart using sheet summary, the option is no longer there. Is there a work around? Unable to select Sheet Summary.
Smartsheet does not currently support publishing a calendar view from a report (portfolio report) directly to Outlook. The iCal publishing feature is only available for individual sheets, not reports. For my use case, I have many project plans and would like to surface tollgate review dates in a single Outlook calendar…
When I duplicate a form, Heading fields are dropped from the conditional logic in the copy. In the original, a dropdown's "then show the following fields" list includes two Headings. In the duplicate, the condition and the other fields carry over, but the Headings are missing. Screenshots of both are attached. Has anyone…