Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
Hello! Is there any possibility to have several columns for attachments, not just a staple in the left side?
I need to name this separate columns to see if a row is filed with all required attachments or not.
Hi,
Unfortunately, it's not possible to have multiple attachment columns at the moment, but it's a great idea!
Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.
A possible workaround could be to use checkboxes that indicate what attachments have been added and to see if all required attachments are included.
Would that work?
Have a fantastic day!
Best,
Andrée Starå
Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting
I second Andree's suggestion. I use the same thing for quite a few of my tracking sheets.
You might also consider linking to documents stored in outside systems like Dropbox or Google Drive. And require them to put a link to a shared file for each individual item you need attached.
Yes, of course, but this solution is not for busy work.
For personal use it could help.
I second this request! We would like to have an attachment column that is accessible for anyone shared to the sheet, and an additional column that is accessible by permission only (for private documentation).
Thank you,
Pam
This is the most important feature for me and although I love smartsheet more than any other app, I have to go with one of the other ones. Really wish you would add this feature as there are free apps out there like Rowshare who offer this. For a paid app and with so many requests for this feature, it just seems like a no-brainer.
Can you send someone in your company view only access to a smartsheet sheet who does not have a smartsheet license? I need to send a coworker view only access to a comms plan I created in smartsheet.
I have a business account and have had for 6 years or so. I had to reset my google password manager this week due to an issue with a workspace account. I've just tried to login to smartsheet using 'login with google' and its made me a new smartsheet account with the same email. I've tried deleting this free account but I…
I have an automation copying rows from a source sheet to a destination sheet. The destination has additional columns that do not exist in the source. Those destination columns are set to centered and not bold, but newly copied rows come in bold and/or not centered, while others are fine. Columns are Text/Number Conditional…