Connect with peers, share your expertise, and inspire what’s next in Smartsheet — from proven practices to practical how-to insights from fellow users and product experts.
Sign in to join the conversation:
Is it possible to prefill dates in forms? I am looking to fill the following in my forms:
Hi,
Unfortunately, it's not possible to pre-fill or calculate dates in the form at the moment, but it's a great idea!
Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.
As a workaround, you could do the calculation on the sheet instead, but the date will update each time the sheet is opened and saved if we use the TODAY function. The submitter could select today's date, and the rest could happen on the sheet.
Another option could be to use a third-party form solution instead.
Would that work?
Have a fantastic week!
Best,
Andrée Starå
Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting
I have a column in my sheet that auto-populates dates. You may need to manually enter the today date and not sure how you could make it work for the tomorrow's date if submission is after 3pm (again this may need to be manual) however it should work for the 4 days later (not sure about specifying of business days, again may need to add into calculation manually). This is how it worked for me:
Enter this following formula into the cell you wish to be 4 days later:
=[ColumnName][Row#]+[#ofDays]
example: My column named is "Updated". If I want row 5's follow up date to be 30 days after the last "update" date, I use =Updated5+30
If you are adding this column into a already filled sheet you should be able to copy (using the bottom right corner of the cell) the column all the way down, just as you would in Excel.
Hope that helps!
That's actually easy. Just create a automatic column in your underlying smartsheet that captures "Creation Date". That will give you the date that the form is entered.
https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/1964567-system-columns
There is no way to extract the timestamp (that could be a feature request). However, you could change your time zone so that Smartsheet thinks you are 9 hours in the future. That would change your date to the next date. (i.e. go from GMT-5 Eastern to GMT+4 Asia
The you add a date column that adds to your timestamp created date: i.e the formula would be:
=Created1 + 4
Test this out and see if it works for you.
LG
I have a business account and have had for 6 years or so. I had to reset my google password manager this week due to an issue with a workspace account. I've just tried to login to smartsheet using 'login with google' and its made me a new smartsheet account with the same email. I've tried deleting this free account but I…
I have an automation copying rows from a source sheet to a destination sheet. The destination has additional columns that do not exist in the source. Those destination columns are set to centered and not bold, but newly copied rows come in bold and/or not centered, while others are fine. Columns are Text/Number Conditional…
In my Project Plan sheet, there's a link labelled Project Plan. When someone clicks it, I'd like nothing to happen. Ideally, it would still look like a clickable link but wouldn't open anything.